As the year comes to a close, we reflect on donors, staff, volunteers, and community partners who have made a difference in preventing child maltreatment and strengthening families throughout Kentucky in 2019.
10. Increasing our presence on social media to a total of 10,099 across all platforms. We think social media is here to stay!
9. Working with 236 Partners in Prevention to help move our mission forward.
8. Obtaining participation from each of KY’s 120 counties in ourChild Abuse Prevention Month, to include 453 activities/events(thanks to WellCare Health Plansfor their support through community mini-grants). The month was launched by keynote speakers, (now) Governor Beshear and Treasurer Allison Ball at a kick-off at the Capitol.
7. Providing 112 trainings and presentations to 4,979 people; and distributing 157,393 resources and materials statewide.
6. Providing 15,495 incidents of service through our parent education programs. Parents demonstrated significant positive changes in all five areas of parenting and child rearing behaviors assessed in these programs.
5. Securing funding from the Child Victim’s Trust Fund to assess what we say, how we say it, and provide a new toolkit to encourage messages that point to prevention solutions for child sexual abuse.
4. Offering the 23rd annual Kids Are Worth It! Conference with 639 attendees from 88 counties.
3. Participating in a small, but mighty, coalition of agencies who launched the Commonwealth Center for Fathers and Families – mothers AND fathers make a difference in a child’s life!
2. Working with WellCare Health Plans, Inc and the KY Hospital Association to distribute a video onSafe Sleep and Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma Prevention – we hope new parents in each of KY’s 46 birthing hospitals will be impacted by this video.
1. And, most importantly - Acting as good stewards of donated funds, with .84 of every $1 donated going towards statewide prevention programs and services.
With a gift of $243 you willprovide support for families calling 1.800.CHILDREN for an entire month.
With a gift of $146 you will provide540 new parents information on the dangers of shaking a baby.
With a gift of $72 you will provide500 Kentuckians resources to recognize, report and prevent child abuse and neglect.
Thank you for making our mission of preventing child abuse and neglect one of your priorities. We couldn’t do our work without supporters like you.